The Met office has informed that a Heatwave is likely to grip Karachi and other coastal areas of Sindh for next two days during which the day maximum temperature would range in 40-42 C. During this scorching the people are requested to adopt the following preventive measures to protect themselves from Heatwave:
- Avoid going out unnecessarily during the day from 11:00am to 4:00pm.
- If it is necessary to go out then go through the shady way and make it sure that you don’t stay longer in sunlight.
- If you go out cover your head with cap or wet cloth. Do not go out barefoot instead wear light shoes.
- Do not play any game in an open area in sun.
- Wear lightweight, light-coloured, loose-fitting clothing.
- Children and old people should be more careful during Heatwave, because of low immunity they can suffer more.
- Always eat light home-cooked meals.
- If it is unavoidable to go out then drink more water or home-made solutions.
- Always use boiled water.
- Government should strictly ask K- Electric to avoid load-shedding during these days. KWSB should continuously supply water.
Symptoms of Heatstroke Itching * weakness * Headache * rapid pulse * low blood pressure * Nausea & vomiting * muscular pains * Unconsciousness
First-Aid for Heatstroke
Move the person to a shady place.Make it sure that he /she breath well . Give him / her clean drinking water but in case of unconsciousness do not put water or any edible into the mouth. Cool the person’s entire body by sponging or spraying cold water. Monitor the pulse and blood pressure of the patient * Shift the patient to hospital urgently.
- Dr. S.M.Qaisar Sajjad- Secretary General- Pakistan Medical Association (Centre) has issued this press release.